Saturday, February 19, 2011

Date Night

Tonight was date night for Eric and I.  It had been a really long time since we had been on a date so I had looked forward to this all week.  The problem with date night when you have a 2 year old and a 1 year old is that by the time you get done with all of your daily "duties" and get the kids packed and away with grandparents, you're just so exhausted!  It doesn't help I woke up feeling the boys had passed their little bug onto me.  I really had to drag myself out of bed to go for my walk this morning but I did it.  And I must say I felt like today was my best workout yet.  Maybe it's just because I feel yucky so my body just felt more worn out when I was done or maybe I actually worked harder than usual.  I'm not sure but either way, honestly I'm just proud that I got out today.  I was especially happy to know that I had exercised because I knew that Eric and I were going to Red Lobster tonight.  I have an extreme weakness for basically all things Red Lobster so I knew this was probably going to be my greatest eating challenge yet.  I would love to say that I didn't indulge at all and I had nothing but grilled shrimp and broccoli but I would be lying.  However, here is what the old me probably would have eaten: ceasar salad, 3 cheddar biscuits, 2 different kinds of shrimp (one fried, one covered in butter), mashed potatoes.  Here's what I had tonight:  ceasar salad (I really know I should have had a house salad with light dressing but I lacked the will power on that one), 1/2 biscuit, 1 skewer grilled shrimp, broccoli, mashed potatoes.  So, all in all I feel like I did better than I would have a month ago on a trip to Red Lobster.  After dinner we went to Orange Leaf.  If you haven't been to Orange Leaf yet I highly recommend it.  It's self-serve frozen yogurt and they have like 30 flavors and toppings to choose from...delicious!  It's also all low-fat or no fat, not that it makes much of a difference if you pile a bowl FULL like my wonderful husband did tonight but that's beside the fact :)  I learned something at Orange Leaf tonight though.  I learned that I am actually learning :)  I am learning that a little is enough.  I don't need a huge bowl of frozen yogurt to be satisfied.  I don't "need" frozen yogurt at all but if I'm going to have it, there's no reason to over indulge.  Oh, I almost forgot-we don't have a scale so I can only weigh at my in-laws house-as of today, I've lost 6.5 pounds in 2 weeks!  It's nothing too dramatic but I was so encouraged just to see that the numbers were going down!

1 comment: