Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Hard Week to Begin

So...if you're trying to revamp the way you eat and add exercise to your life, the week of a blizzard is probably not the best time to start.  However, I've made one million too many excuses not to start in the last year so I've started, crappy timing or not. Yesterday all I wanted to do was bake something.  Cookies, a cake, brownies, all of the above, I didn't care, baking is just what I do on snowy days.  So finally I caved.  But I did at least look up some lower calorie recipes online and I settled with some butterscotch bars which I must say were delicious. A little too delicious probably :)  Although I am proud to say that I had one last night and one today and the rest of the day the pan has just been sitting there on the stove covered up just calling my name as I try my very best to ignore their existence.  This is quite the feat for me because on a normal, boring day like this I probably could have eaten half of that pan by myself...sad I know.

Anyways...onto subjects other than butterscotch bars lol.  I'm trying to incorporate exercise into my daily life.  On a day when I'm not working that's not too difficult because I can either get up a little earlier than the boys or I can do it during the boys nap time.  However, on days that I work I'm not really sure what I will do.  I guess I'll just have to get up really, really early and maybe do a shorter work out on those days.  I'm not positive yet.  I have a walking video that I really like because it's easy to do in the house and I don't feel like I'm going to cause the house to fall in while I'm doing it.  Some of the videos have you jump so much and our house literally sounds like the floor is going to fall in while I'm doing it which makes me just a tad self-conscious.  Yesterday I did about 1.5 miles and today I did a little over 2 miles on this video.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to get up before the boys and do my Tae Bo video.  I prefer to do that one when Eric's not awake for obvious reasons.  I tried doing it yesterday but Aiden woke up from his nap and it was a little impossible with him hanging on one leg & walking around me.  Connor likes to do the walking video with me which is actually good motivation because before I would always use it as an excuse that I couldn't do it anytime he was awake. No excuses this time.  I already feel better just knowing that I'm doing something good for myself.  And even though I'm having to think a lot more about our meals, I feel better knowing we're eating better too.  I've found several healthy recipes that I'm excited to try.  I'm trying to compile a menu for the month so that I can go grocery shopping this weekend...I'm already going stir crazy with this snow!  Oh and FYI the meds that are supposed to suppress my appetite...not working!  It would be real helpful if those would kick in pretty soon :)

1 comment:

  1. I would like some pills that do that...since I just ate 2 "fajitas". Granted they were super healthy ones (Daniel fast recipe, a little deer steak, and whole wheat tortillas), I still ate 2 at 9 at night! If you aren't going to exercise every day (like say you were going to take the weekend off) then you could always use work day(s) as "off" days.

    ReplyDelete